Or let's get real.."Why am I the only one who can find a damn pair of socks in this house?"
I am making this a sock tutorial. Why is it needed? Because *I*, evidently, am the only one who can match up socks in this house.
So, here's how I work the magic that I do: Pay attention, those of single sock inclination:
1. Have a home for the single sock. I do. It's a drawer. I get laundry, there's a sock...where's it's mate? I have no earthly idea, so I swing the sock into the "single drawer". But, here's the thing...it is implied..hoped..strived for...that someone.other.than.me will look into the single sock home and work a little "match.com" or "tinder" or "Christian Mingle" magic with these soulful wanderers. Let's look, shall we? Behold the single sock in it's singularity. Is true love possible?
Hmmm. No. While I approve of diversity in marriage and life: these. DO. NOT. go together. They do not.
I am making this a sock tutorial. Why is it needed? Because *I*, evidently, am the only one who can match up socks in this house.
So, here's how I work the magic that I do: Pay attention, those of single sock inclination:
1. Have a home for the single sock. I do. It's a drawer. I get laundry, there's a sock...where's it's mate? I have no earthly idea, so I swing the sock into the "single drawer". But, here's the thing...it is implied..hoped..strived for...that someone.other.than.me will look into the single sock home and work a little "match.com" or "tinder" or "Christian Mingle" magic with these soulful wanderers. Let's look, shall we? Behold the single sock in it's singularity. Is true love possible?
Hmmm. No. While I approve of diversity in marriage and life: these. DO. NOT. go together. They do not.
Well. Lord-looky-there. A match. And there it is. Right there in the single sock drawer. It's mate. And you can FOLD these two together, Bundle them, and place them neatly in the MATCHED SOCK DRAWER.
But I am not all about the strict matchy-matchy, you all (and you haters know who you are...)
Let's look further. Behold! ubiquitous gold toed black men's sock with ribbing. Conservative and useful, it is alone.
Until....
BAM! Another black sock!
Oh, yeah...I know, I know....it doesn't have gold on the toe. But it does have matching ribbing on the leg, so unless someone is wearing these, and I, for some unknown reason, chase them down, wrench off their conservative loafer or wingtip type shoe and triumphantly hold their feet in the air, displaying the obvious discrepancy: It. Ain't. Gonna. Matter, Son.
It won't matter....unless you are wearing socks with sandals. If you are, that is an issue beyond the scope of this tutorial.
So, what I'm saying is this: Keep the single sock drawer. Revel in singularity. Occasionally, for the love of God Himself, get in there and see if you can make love happen, pair them up. Be creative, (gold toe with non-gold toe), but not crazy (no blue with green). Because when the only person who does do this, goes in and finds *7* pairs of socks that could have been paired up and folded and placed with the loving rightful owners, it makes her 7 kinds of crazy.
And then, you get this blog entry.






Comments